WCHS sets plan for graduation parking
White County High School has announced parking arrangements for graduation on Friday, May 24.
Graduation will begin at 8 p.m. in the WCHS stadium, with gates opening at 5 p.m. (In case of inclement weather, the ceremony will be held at 10 a.m. on Saturday.)
The parking lot on the high school campus will be reserved for graduating seniors, handicapped, law enforcement, media, and school system staff (see below). All other parking will be at Tesnatee Gap Elementary School and White County Soccer Complex.
Parking at WCHS Graduating Seniors
● Seniors must have a special parking pass, which will be passed out at the end of graduation practice Friday morning. If students do not bring this parking pass, they will not be able to park in the WCHS parking lot.
● Family members are strongly encouraged to ride with their graduating senior for best parking.
● Seniors must be in the gym by 6:30 p.m. for graduation.
● Vehicles must have a valid state-issued handicap permit or tag in order to park in WCHS handicapped parking area.
● The first two rows of the parking lot will be reserved for handicapped parking.
● Carpooling is strongly encouraged.
● Staff will be available on golf carts to shuttle individuals with mobility issues to the stadium.
● Handicap seating and wheelchair accessible seating are available at the top center of the stadium.
● White County Schools employees and staff will park in the staff’s designated parking area.
● Employees and staff must bring their staff parking pass to be able to park on campus.
● Staff parking passes will be available for pickup at WCHS on the day of graduation until 4 p.m.
Parking at T-GAP and Soccer Complex
● Attendees who do not have a handicapped permit, staff parking pass, or who are not riding with a graduating senior with a special parking pass will park here.
● School shuttle buses will run continuously beginning at 5 p.m. from this area and will drop attendees off at the main gate of the stadium until the beginning of graduation.
● The shuttle buses will pick people up at the main gate and shuttle people back to their vehicles after graduation.
● The White County Sheriff’s Office will watch over the parking lot before, during, and after graduation.
● If possible, attendees are encouraged to use Tesnatee Gap Valley Road, as opposed to U.S. 129 as an alternative driving route to this parking area.
● Private owners near WCHS may provide parking for a fee.
● WCHS is not affiliated with or responsible for paid parking from private owners.
● Shuttle services will not be provided for private parking.