Firefighters responded to two recent fire incidents, one on Wednesday night and one in the early morning hours on Thursday.
According to Ana Newberry with White County Fire Services, firefighters responded to a report of a chimney fire at a residence Ga. 254 near Westmoreland Road, around 8 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 13. Upon arrival, there were no flames visible to firefighters from the exterior, but an inspection of the chimney revealed there was a fire.
Personnel used a Chimfex stick, which is a chemical flare type stick, to extinguish the flames. The homeowner was advised to have the chimney cleaned before it’s used again. There were no injuries reported.
Firefighters responded to another fire call, this time for a structure fire at a residence on Aardvark Trail, at 3 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 14. Newberry said firefighters discovered a pump house on fire and the flames had spread to the main home.
Fire Investigator Jason Davis is examining the incident to confirm that it started in the pump house. The mobile home is a total loss, and the Red Cross was called to assist the family. There were no injuries reported. Firefighters spent about four hours at the scene.