Emergency personnel responded to a report of a residential fire on Tuesday, Sept. 22.
A call came in around 7 p.m. about a kitchen fire at a residence on Ga. 255 North that the fire was started from grease while somebody was cooking, according to White County Public Safety Director David Murphy. Firefighters with White County Fire Services responded to the scene, receiving mutual aid from the Helen Fire Department, Cleveland Fire Department and the Lee Arrendale Fire Brigade.
“Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire that had spread into the ceiling and another room,” Murphy said. “Other parts of the home received smoke and water damage.”
There were no injuries reported. Firefighters stayed at the scene until around 9:30 p.m., Murphy said.